- Multichannel measurements of strain-multiplex up to 200,000 measurement locations
- Flexible, lightweight and easy to install sensors reduce time to first measurement
- Passive, corrosion resistant, dielectric, flexible sensors go where other sensors can’t – in bends, around corners, embedded inside materials
- Long sensor life – no drift or recalibration required, cycle counts >107
- Large strain range and high resolution allow for mapping of complex strain fields and large strain gradients
- TWO SENSING OPTIONS: HIGH-DEFINITION AND HIGH-SPEED CFG* High-Definition sensors offer a lower priced consumable sensor with ultra high spatial resolution; The High-Speed Continuous Fiber Gratings (CFG) option has greater dynamic sensing capability while still offering high spatial resolution.
- ROBUST SENSING WITH RUGGEDIZED CABLE AND CONNECTORS Industrial grade stand-off cable and connectors are suitable for harsh environments and rough handling. The optical network has been upgraded and offers significantly higher tolerance to ambient vibration.
- 3D DATA VISUALIZATION WITH CAD INTEGRATION* The high spatial resolution of the ODiSI reveals important information about test articles not visible with traditional sensing methods. Luna’s new data visualization tool set helps engineers to quickly identify key areas of interest, reduce file size, analyze data and generate reports.
- STRAIN SENSORS WITH NIST-TRACEABLE CALIBRATION Strain sensors are calibrated to NIST-traceable standards. A certificate of conformance is shipped with every strain sensor.
- *High-Speed CFG module and 3D data visualization package sold as options.
- In extended range mode the maximum sensing range is 2 kilometers
- The OBR 4600 for sensing has a dual display with an intuitive user interface that allows the user to simultaneously view a plot of temperature and strain in the upper graph and a magnification of sections of that plot in the lower graph
- The user interface can store and display up to five traces (two traces in desk top analysis mode)
- The scanning wavelength range, sensing range, gage length and sensor spacing are all user adjustable and offer the user maximum flexibility to tailor OBR 4600 measurements to the application requirements
- The spot scan option is available with the sensing option, offering higher spatial resolution over a user selectable 80 meter section of the total sensing range
We offer a range of sensors for both temperature and strain in varying lengths from 1 meter to 20 meters. Our sensors are constructed using standard un altered fiber optic cable and do not require Bragg gratings. We also offer a range of custom temperature sensors suitable for challenging applications and rated up to 900 deg C